ABBYY Lingvo Comprehensive Russian-English Dictionary
the excellent English-Russian and Russian-English Learner's Dictionary of Collocations is the manufactured from the author's approach to compilation of learner's dictionaries comprehensively describing the English language approach for Russian-speaking (thinking in Russian) scholars studying English. the most rules of the method:
- specialise in a particular pupil (thinking in Russian);
- vocabulary choice according to frequency;
- semantic constitution of phrases in keeping with frequency;
- presentation of vocabulary goods in phrases;
- commentaries to entries (4 kinds) in line with Russian-English contrastive and comparative studies;
- translation variants;
- functions of linguistic content;
- Russian-English thesaurus (reverse dictionary).
Total quantity of over 2 hundred author's sheets
The dictionary is a interpreting and coding learner's dictionary, i.e. it explains the incorporated words' meanings and also teaches pondering within the international language in addition to formulating/coding of a idea in Russian utilizing the English language. a number of comparative commentaries serve an analogous purpose.
The authors depend upon the theories of words, their types and ideas of the lexical items' cognitive body. those topics shape the theoretical foundation mirrored within the constitution of the dictionary's entries.